Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 1998 19:01:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>, Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>, rivers@dignus.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux software installation and uname

    Shell scripts in ~/bin are your friend.  So, for example, when I downloaded
    the linux version of the realaudio player 5 and wanted to run it on my
    FreeBSD box, I wound up writing a little shell script to setup the
    proper environment, LD_LIBARRY_PATH or something like that, and then
    run the real linux binary.

					-Matt

    Matthew Dillon  Engineering, HiWay Technologies, Inc. & BEST Internet
                    Communications & God knows what else.
    <dillon@backplane.com> (Please include original email in any response)