Date:      Sat, 23 Jun 2001 14:33:13 -0400
From:      Bill Vermillion <bill@wjv.com>
To:        Marcel Dijk <nascar24@home.nl>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2nd root

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 08:10:33PM +0200, Marcel Dijk thus sprach:

> Is it possible to create a second root account, for example root2.

Yes it is possible.  There is even a second root account shipped
with FreeBSD - toor.

The only difference is the default shell.

The only reason that I can see for having a second 'root' account
is for an alternate shell, because besides that it buys you
nothing.

Whoever uses the alternate root account will have the power to do
everything the 'root' login can do, including changing the 'root'
password.

I'm curious as to why you'd want/need an alternate root account.

Bill
--
Bill Vermillion -   bv @ wjv . com