Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 1997 18:35:51 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Doug Paul <dpaul@fox.nstn.ca>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP & IPX

Doug Paul scribbled this message on Oct 16:
> I am interested in sending IPX packets over a PPP link, either though
> user or kernel PPP.
> I downloaded the newest distribution of PPPD, after hearing that it
> supports IPX. It seems
> that it only supports IPX on Linux, and I was wondering: Is there a plan
> to port this support
> to FreeBSD? I currently use FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE.

actually... I believe the lastest pppd has been imported into -current...
Peter Wemm did the import... and I was going to take a look and upgrade
my terminal server so that I could do IPX routing through it... but
I haven't had the time...

if your interested in helping getting it to work.. you should send
mail to Peter about it...

ttyl..

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD