Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 1997 05:53:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Status of perl and tcl in vi?

I guess in all the fracas over Tcl, we lost vi's tcl and perl
interpreters by default?  I'm just now noticing that I can't do :tcl <blah>
anymore where it used to work, and given that I don't use this feature
very often I can also imagine that it might have left us some time ago
without my noticing.  Weren't we going to allow vi to link with TCL
in -current unless NOTCL was set?

If we could get perl upgraded to perl5 in the tree, we could include
it too, heck.  Bloat that vi binary! ;-)

					Jordan