Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2003 05:23:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Subhasish Ghosh <subhasish_ghosh_mail@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem to mount an ext3 partition

Hi, what Gary mentions (below) is absolutely
okay....Linux Second Extended fs(ext2fs) is NOT equal
to Linux Third Extended fs(ext3fs).. though
theoritically, ext3fs = ext2fs + JFS(Journalling
Filesystem architecture features)...Okay???
    I use FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE + RedHat Linux
7.3(valhalla) as well as OpenBSD 3.2-RELEASE
configured on the same hard disk of my humble
computer.... and I have deliberately installed RedHat
Linux with an ext2fs and NOT ext3fs..cause I know
FreeBSD operating system supports ext2fs functionality
and NOT ext3fs..Okay???
    So..what you should have done was to install Linux
as ext2fs and not ext3fs... :( Nothing can be done..
Sorry!!! anyway..this should act as a good lesson for
you... if you wanna migrate...totally from Linux to
FreeBSD as you have written you want to...make sure
you know the basics correctly and properly.... I use
Linux, FreeBSD and OpenBSD on the same computer....
Take care..
Ghosh