Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 23:47:09 -0500
From:      W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
To:        jmertz@sjm.infi.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, wghicks@wghicks.bellsouth.net
Subject:   Re: Upgrading from 2.2.2

[snips]
> cc -nostdinc -O -pipe -DUMAPFS  -DKERNEL -DACTUALLY_LKM_NOT_KERNEL
> -I/usr/src/lk
> ld -r  -o tmp.o umap_subr.o umap_vfsops.o umap_vnops.o
> symorder -c symb.tmp tmp.o
> mv tmp.o umap_mod.o

Erm... that's what a successful completion looks like  :-)

IMHO, I would have tried to go to -STABLE first, before
going -CURRENT.  There are some issues with make.conf and
ports you'll want to get up to date on before taking the
jump to -CURRENT.

Have you gone through the tutorials, handbook and mail archives
first?  That really helped me.

3.0 has worked out great for us here, kudos to the developers.

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net