Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 09:59:41 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        gbnaidu@sasi.com (G.B.Naidu)
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: system hangs... (fwd)

It seems G.B.Naidu wrote:

> I have posted this earlier. I didnt get any reply about system hangs.
> Please some body help me out to track down these hangs. Questions are
> below.

Have you tried putting DDB into the kernel, and tried to
hit ALT+CTRL+ESC to go into the debugger on the hang ?

Printf is a good tool here, sprinkle your source with
printf's so you can see how far you get, and what
essential values are getting used.

Another possibility is to attach 8 LED's to a printer
port, those you can then turn on/off at will by a simple
outb statement. I use a 2*40 char LCD display connected
this way sometimes, that gives me a history of 80 values,
so I can se the exact sequence of events that let me to
the problem at hand..

-Søren