Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:03:03 -0000
From:      "Martyn Hill" <sysadmin@st-james-snrgirls.w-london.sch.uk>
To:        "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>, "FreeBSD-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Cable-modem, dynamic IP, NAT and IPFW

Joe

Thank you - no need for PPP.

Where the FreeBSD box is acting as a gateway for a private LAN, I assume I must then implement NATD for NAT, as opposed to PPP
NAT?

As the external NIC will at some time be re-assigned its IP etc, including its default route, is it the case that dhclient will
take care of this, allowing uninterrupted access to the Internet from inside the private LAN?

I've noted that some published configurations use dhclient-scripts that do some additional configuration upon a renewed DHCP
lease. Will this be necessary?

Martyn.