Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 1995 17:52:02 -0400
From:      moto@CS.cmu.edu
To:        "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.interworks.org>
Cc:        gibbs@FREEBSD.ORG, mikebo@tellabs.com, questions@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FBSD 2.xR: AIC7xxx driver vs. st() driver vs. tape drives

Hello,

>> Another problem I'm having (under 2.0R) since installing the
>> AHA2742AT card: Whenever I try to access the Exabyte 8200 8mm drive
>> (even to do a "mt -f /dev/st1 rewind") I get a timeout message on
>> the root disk drive, the drive select light stays lit and the
>> entire system hangs.
>>
>> ahc0: target 0, lun 0 (sd0) timed out Abort unsupported!  ahc0:
>> target 0, lun 0 (sd0) timed out Abort unsupported!

You're not alone! I'm seeing this, too. This problem seems to be
related to my problem I posted to hackers@freebsd.org today.  Gustin
will kindly examine this problem when he gets a new EXABYTE from an
RMA department.

Motonori Shindou       Carnegie Mellon University       SCS Graduate Student
              e-mail: moto@cs.cmu.edu,  NiftyServe: GEG04056
  WWW: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/moto/WWW/moto-home.html
                   TEL: 412-362-9636   FAX: 412-362-9634