Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:06:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Paul English <penglish@hydro.washington.edu>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mozilla crashes with error

Mozilla 1.0 is consistently crashing for me under FreeBSD with the
following error:

open dsp: No such file or directory
Gdk-ERROR **: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)

It seems that it is trying to access the dsp device (doesn't exist as
there is no sound card on this machine). I tried linking it to
/dev/null, and then it crashes with a different error.

I've turned off sound in the gnome control panel, but maybe Mozilla
isn't using gnome? How do I tell mozilla just to skip sound, or
fool it into thinking that everything is okay?

I built it directly from the port without any specific options, but maybe
an option to disable sound support would be helpful if that is even
possible? It doesn't look like the configure script allows configuration
of this.

Thanks,
Paul