Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:11:27 -0500
From:      "Rick Kukiela" <freebsd@mmhosting.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   User Quota Error...

Okay, basically when you setup user quotas on freebsd 4.5 the system totally
locks up, you cant log into it and all open local and remote shells just
stop responding to commands. I would like to know if this is going to be
fixed in the 5.0 release because we plan on using FreeBSD for all of our
servers we are launching in june. If this issue is not going to be resolved
than we will not be able to use FreeBSD which frankly bites because I love
freebsd.

Here is a url to a newsgroup article explaining the problem in depth:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Quota+lockup+freebsd&hl=en&selm=42ksld%24p
2k%40chelsea.ios.com&rnum=1

Thanks in advance
Rick