Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 1997 16:34:22 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <don@PartsNow.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   [MPEG-2 codec]

Holy Grail Real Soon Now!

On page 14 on 9/1/97 EDN, C-Cube announces its DVx which purports to
provide _single-chip_ encode including hardware motion estimation in
either 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 format at up to 1080 lines of resolution
http://www.c-cube.com . . . :)))

If we can get that company you were talking to to make a triple-codec
board with 3 FireWire interfaces on it, we'll be playing non-linear
video editing with full A-B Roll capabilities for FreeBSD-style peanuts.
Even if we only get one FireWire and one chip, that would make quite a
package. I'll buy 3 :)
--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *