Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:20:45 -0400
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Customized/automated FreeBSD Installations....

I've been Googling for some information on this (and the Handbook).

We have a scenario whereby we'll be building (over time) several
mostly-identical systems.   There are similar tasks that will need to be
performed on those systems (copying over accounts, passwords,
homedirectories), and certain *.conf changes, etc.   There has to be a
decent way to accomplish this, other than manually per-system or having
to build a make-release with some customizations.

I have seen GNU CFEngine, but it seems like overkill.

I'd appreciate some recommendations/pointers.

Thanks!