Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:07:37 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        G D McKee <freebsd@gdmckee.com>
Cc:        "Freebsd-Questions@Freebsd. Org (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Errors in FreeBSD 5

On Thursday, 10 October 2002 at  9:32:57 +0100, G D McKee wrote:
> Hi
>
> Been running 5 fine since DP1 and have done a cvsup and a buildworld
> every week or so since.  Last week the kernel kept panicing so I
> cvsup and makeworld yesterday and I get the following error when I
> boot up.

I don't see a following error.  Please be more specific.  Don't ask
people to wade through your dmesg output, especially when it's as
mutilated as what you supplied.

> I someone tells me what to do I will get as much info is as needed
> out of the box

You shouldn't be asking questions about -CURRENT on this mailing list.
If you want to use it, note that the D in DP1 stands for "Developer".
You'll be expected to do a lot of work yourself.  In particular, if
you have a panic, you could at least give details.  /var/log/messages
output doesn't help,

I'd suggest:

1.  Read the handbook entries on how to debug broken kernels.
2.  Try to find out what went wrong yourself.
3.  If you can't find out, ask some very specific questions on
    FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.org.

Sorry if this sounds hard, but you can be sure that nobody will help
you with CURRENT if you don't give accurate details.

Greg