Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 2008 05:54:34 +1000 (EST)
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Horst=20G=FCnther=20Burkhardt=20III?= <horst@sxemacs.org>,  FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Apologies for failing.

Hi Horst,

>- Get X
>- Get Xfce

 You'll have to build these from source. Best to leave
overnight. Configuring the Xorg server is a bit of an
adventure, though there are a few NetBSD configs out there to
copy from.

>- Get SXEmacs

 I'd love to see that running on PPC :) Last time I looked at
Emacs, there was quite a bit of build glue to get it going.
Too complicated for my patience at the time.

>- Try and get the AIX/PPC binaries for Netscape Communicator
4 to run ;)

 Firefox doesn't built at the moment: it requires a
cut'n'paste of the Net/OpenBSD ppc asm glue in XPCOM.

 Now, doing an AIX binary emulation for FreeBSD is certainly a
large task :)

later,

Peter.