Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 20:43:39 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        brian@ncircle.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA ATA flash broken in 4.5-RC

In message: <20020118102432.L42368-100000@mail.ncircle.com>
            Brian Buchanan <brian@ncircle.com> writes:
: I have an ATA compact flash which I used to be able to put into a PCMCIA
: adapter and successfully mount under 4.3-RELEASE.  Since CVSuping to
: 4.5-RC as of Wednesday, I get the following when I insert the card:
:
: Jan 18 10:44:10 europa /kernel: pccard: card inserted, slot 0
: Jan 18 10:44:16 europa pccardd[670]: Card "CL ATA FLASH CARD LEXAR
: "("TIDALWV") [SH003] [(null)] matched "CL ATA FLASH CARD LEXAR  "
: ("TIDALWV") [(null)] [(null)]
: Jan 18 10:44:21 europa pccardd[670]: driver allocation failed for CL ATA
: FLASH CARD LEXAR  (TIDALWV): Device not configured

Do you have ata in your kernel?  Is the config entry used for
something else already?

: Any further information I can provide to help diagnose this?  Anything
: else I can try to get it working?

Try creating an entry that matches your card:

card "CL ATA FLASH CARD LEXAR  " "TIDALWV"
     config "ata" 0x1 ?

Warner