Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 23:29:31 +0000
From:      Rob Ayres <rob@trin.demon.co.uk>
To:        freeBSD <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help!! :)

Hi, hope you can help me.

Im trying to load freeBSD 2.1 onto my PC.  The PC only has one hard disk
which is going to be totally dedicated to freeBSD.  The hard disk and
CDROM are both on the same EISA cable.  I boot the PC using the ATAPI
boot floppy created from the CD, and use the -c option and then visual
to sort out any conflicts and disable devices I dont have.

The PC then boots into the installation menu so I can set up my
partitions and select the options I want from the CDROM ( I chose the
custom installation ).  Finally it asks me to select my instalation
medium which is CDROM.  It then says 'extracting bin in / directory'.
after a a minute of sitting at 1% it then says 'write failure on
transfer! ( wrote -1 bytes of 10240 bytes )'.

Can you tell me what this mesage means and how I can fix it please!!

Thanks

Rob
--
Rob Ayres