Date:      Thu, 08 Jul 2010 10:53:05 +0800
From:      Krishna <Krishna.Mohan@my.panasonic.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPv6 Duplicate Address Detection

Hi,

I am implementing a user space program to create and assign IPv6 address
to a linux host.
I am able to create and assign the IP successfully. But, if i am
assigning the duplicate address,
still the address gets assigned. I understand the kernel is handling the
DAD and reporting to kernel log.
Is there any way, i can use IOCTL to get the TENTATIVE flag value and
delete the IP if it is duplicate.
By the way, i use IOCTL system call to assign the IP too.

I went through some posts in freebsd-net where they have mentioned about
"SIOCGIFAFLAG_IN6 ioctl"
which gives the flags value where the TENTATIVE flag value can be plooed.
I tried to use the same API in my user program but failed.

Can somebody post me the working sample code of SIOCGIFAFLAG ioctl ?

Thanks,
-Krishna