Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:30:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Akinori -Aki- MUSHA" <knu@idaemons.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/16545: mail/imap-uw: update to 4.7a

The following reply was made to PR ports/16545; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Akinori -Aki- MUSHA" <knu@idaemons.org>
To: ady@warpnet.ro
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:19:04 +0900

   Hi,

 At Mon, 14 Feb 2000 18:36:58 +0200 (EET),
 Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro> wrote:
 >  Looking at you port for imap-utils looks like it's pretty much dependent
 > of the imap-uw port; the sources use many headers from inside the imap-uw
 > tarball...

   Indeed.

 >  I wonder how does it sound a merge between the two of these ports ??

 Sounds good.  But suppose we separated c-client library from imap-uw;
 It might be bad for them to be as one since imap-utils are tools not
 only for servers but also for clients, while imap-uw is a set of
 servers itself.  You may think we could prepare an option NO_SERVERS
 or whatever for the merged port, but what for the package...?

   Still, I agree with you but about mlock.

 >  I'm still worried about PAM by-default building; I haven't received any
 > feedback (aside from Mikhail Teterin) and I might get it after the port is
 > commited and will prove to break things up (although it works fine for
 > me).

   It's been working so good here too.  Don't worry!

 >  And, BTW, I steel haven't heard a word about security auditing for mlock
 > sources...

   That's a shame.  I wish they would pay regards to our feedback...

 --
                            /
                           /__  __

 "If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice."