Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2000 10:36:19 -0400
From:      John <papalia@udel.edu>
To:        Tyler Spivey <tyler@wapvi.bc.ca>, Chris Wasser <cwasser@v-wave.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:i think i found a bug?

The problem here is most likely not FreeBSD related at all.  If you get the
message "youare not authorized to use this server", then you need to pick a
different server.  If you get a message that you're not allowed to use
efnet at all, that's another story.  I attempted to get the K lines and I
lines off the server, but it appears that the server is not even connected
to EFnet (although it has quite a few IP's listed in nslookup).  Perhaps
try irc.core.com (all users) or irc.fasti.net (only allows Canadian
connections, but is linked to EFNet).  If those work, then great.  If not,
sorry I couldn't help :)

Good luck,
John