Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 18:29:09 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        markm@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSLeay 0.8.0

On Thu, 26 Jun 1997, Mark Murray wrote:

> Narvi wrote:
> >
> > 	Hi!
> >
> > It seems, that SSLeay 0.8.0 is out and it is documented as being
> > incompatible with 0.6.6.
> >
> > Should:
> > 	* A new port SSLeay-8 be made
>
> No! :-)

OK. That's why I cc:-d the maintainer.

> > 	* The old one is updated, breaking any possible compatibilty with
> > 	  existing programs using SSL (are there any in the ports
> > 	  collection?)
>
> Yes! The only port (currently broken is Apache). I'm waiting for
> Apache-1.2 to be Fixed for SSLeay 0.8.0, then I'll bring it in.

OOPS. Forgot totally about apache. I was just looking at the perl module
for SSL and wondered, if it would work/me making port out of it/etc. Then
I downloaded SSL-0.8.0, some SSL supporting apps and wondered, having seen
the note, if/what should be done. I will give them all a look from the
0.8.0 point of view.

	Sander

	There is no love, no good, no happiness and no future -
	all these are just illusions.