Date:      Mon, 1 May 2000 05:34:13 -0400
From:      "Otter" <otter@otter.cc>
To:        "Steven Callaghan" <jersey@alaska.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: agp support??

>-----Original Message-----
>From: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG]On Behalf Of Steven
>Callaghan
>Sent: Monday, May 01, 2000 2:22 AM
>To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>Subject: agp support??

>Does freebsd support AGP ports?

>jersey@alaska.net

Well, FreeBSD supports AGP. Something else you need to consider, if
you plan to run a GUI instead of just on the command like, is if your
windowing system supports it. If you plan to use something like
XFree86, make sure your card is listed in the compatible hardware list
on http://www.xfre86.org. If you plan to use Accelerated X, contact
the vendor, etc, etc. As for AGP, my Riva TNT has been working fine
since the day I bought it, over a year ago.
-Otter