Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 1997 18:41:57 -0700
From:      Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   laptop review

Since it has come up recently:  I ran across an "ultraportable" laptop review
at http://www.cnet.com/Content/Reviews/Compare/Ultportables/index.html that I
thought you (we?) freebsd-mobilers would be interested in.  One thing really
cool about the page is they actually tell you what kind of display hardware the
machine uses, which is lots easier than poking around in the store on a machine
with a mangled Control Panel.

Now, for editorial comments:  The page is a bit cutesy, but not bad.  They
trashed the Portege, which was a little surprising to me (not that I am any fan
of Toshibas).

I think I'm going to take courage in hand and get a Fujitsu Lifebook 635 or so.
I hope to get an XF86Config for it.  Wish me luck -- if there's interest, I'll
let you know how it goes.