Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 1996 10:37:24 +0100 (BST)
From:      dave edmondson <davided@sco.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org, bde@freebsd.org, davidg@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: Possible fix for APM_DSVALUE_BUG

: Try doing this without any cards installed.  It appears that the generic
: PCCARD suspend/resume code doesn't always work right.  I want to get to
: it next, but I wanted to get the APM code working on everything first.

cards in or out doesn't affect this.

: Do you have IRQ 3 available in /etc/pccard.conf?  If so, remove it since
: it's probably being used by the PCIC controller.  Also, if you have a
: built-in sound-card then remove IRQ 5 as well.

stupid mistake.  removing 3 solved the problem.  5 is okay as the
audio in the 760e is mwave dsp based, which means it's not likely to
work for ages (of course, everyone has heard that `someone', usually
from japan, is working on a linux driver for this, but the `someone'
is never named or to be found :-)

: Just for grins, comment out the call to ep_isa_registerdev() and see if
: that does anything.  The function isn't essential to the working of the
: driver and used for statistics.

now panics in ep_attach().  i've not looked at this panic in detail
(needed to get some work done !), but %eax was 0, so it may be the
same sort of problem.

: In the patch I sent out, I had some code that rounded it down to the
: correct page that was ifdef'd out with 'unsure_if_needed' or somesuch.
: Try enabling that code and disabling the code below and see if helps.

no change.

: Also, does using the option APM_DSVALUE_BUG work on your box at all?

works just the same (ie. apm works but the ep driver doesn't).

today i'll try it without apm support in the kernel to see if the
problem is entirely pccard/ep related.  i'll let you know how it
goes.