Date:      Sat, 20 May 95 21:32 CDT
From:      uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org (Frank Durda IV)
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org
Subject:   5/19 current sticks on startup

[0]The 5/19 current, upon rebooting, will start routed, then hang until
[0]Control-C is pressed.  It looks like this:
[0]
[0]	starting routing daemons: routed.
[0]	_
[0]
[0]...And the cursor sits there.  When I Control-C, I see this:
[0]
[0]	^Cclearing /tmp

I have also seen this when you boot a kernel not named "kernel".
I was using "kernel.exp" on a system to do test work with no NFS active
at all and it would routinely hang if the kernel name wasn't "kernel".
Hit ^C and it kept going.  This started happening (for me anyway) around
the 032x SNAP.

You might consider that possible cause if you aren't running NFS and
can't be having the NFS-related problems.

Frank Durda IV <uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org>|"The Knights who say "LETNi"
or uhclem%nemesis@fw.ast.com (Fastest Route)| demand...  A SEGMENT REGISTER!!!"
...letni!rwsys!nemesis!uhclem               |"A what?"
...decvax!fw.ast.com!nemesis!uhclem         |"LETNi! LETNi! LETNi!"  - 1983