Date:      Sat, 16 May 1998 14:41:50 +0000 ()
From:      Stephane Raimbault <segr@segr.ml.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems accessing FBSD from LAN.

--0-790668962-895329710=:2356

I believe my problem lies within the routes.  I have included my netstat
-r output with this e-mail.  You will notice the lines Link #1 and Link
#2.  How do I make link #2 to look like this:

192.168.0/24	Link#2

I believe that is what I need to make it work, this is a guess on my part
as Link #1 is set to:

24.64.10/24	Link#1

and it works just fine.

I have been reading the man for netstat but am unable to determine the
proper way to fixe this line up.

Thank you for your help,
Stephane R.

On Thu, 14 May 1998, Stephane Raimbault wrote:

> Ok, I have been suggested to create and apropriate hosts file and spread
> them within my network...  I have attempted this and I must say the
> outcome was surprising...  My e-mail on my FBSD box went completely out of
> whack!  If someone could give me an example of a hosts file or compile one
> with the following information:
>
> BOX #1(FREUD) --> FreeBSD 2.1.7.1 Net IP: 24.64.10.238 Net Gateway:
> 24.64.10.1 Net Subnet: 255.255.255.0 Net Name server(s): 24.2.11.33 &
> 24.2.11.34 LAN IP: 192.168.0.1 LAN Subnet: 255.255.255.0
> Official Domain name of my net ip is 'cs111809-a.ab.wave.home.com' while I
> have registered with ml.org to get the following 'segr.ml.org' assigned
> to my IP.
>

> BOX #2(EINSTEIN) --> Windows 98 RC3 LAN IP: 192.168.0.2 LAN Subnet:
> 255.255.255.0
>
> I dare to touch the /etc/hosts file myself again as I messed it up once, I
> was able to recover after about 2 hours but holy I was worried....
>
> Thank you for all your time,
> Stephane R.
>

> On Thu, 14 May 1998, Stephane Raimbault wrote:
>
> > Hello all...
> >
> > I have been having problems accessing my computer via my local LAN.  I am
> > able to ping the FBSD machine (192.168.0.1) from my LAN, however when it
> > comes to telneting or ftping to the machine, my workstation (win98) simply
> > times out.  Now here is my configuration of my machine and I think this is
> > where the problem lyes.
> >
> > 486DX2/66 w/32Megs of RAM
> > FreeBSD 2.1.7.1 (Kernel Developer Install via FTP)
> > 2 NICs (Both NE2000/Compatible) (ed0: IO:280 / IRQ:10) (ed1: IO:300 /
> > IRQ:11).
> >
> > ed0: This network card is connected to a cable modem (direct connection)
> > to the internet. (IP: 24.64.10.238 Gateway: 24.64.10.1)
> >
> > ed1: This network card is connected to the LAN. (IP: 192.168.0.1)
> >
> > I suspect my configuration for the LAN is wrong somehow, but I can't
> > figure it out.
> >
> > NOTE: I can access my FBSD box from the box itself as well I have the
> > capablity to telneting/ftping/etc... from the internet to 24.64.10.238.
> >
> > I am unsure where to go from here.  If anyone can give me a hand that
> > would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you for your time,
> > Stephane R.

--0-790668962-895329710=:2356
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--0-790668962-895329710=:2356--