Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2022 12:30:41 -0500
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Amit Yaron <amit@phpandmore.net>
Subject:   Monitor Settings at Boot Time

Amit Yaron <amit@phpandmore.net> asks:

>   I recently installed FreeBSD on a new computer, but when I boot I see
>   that text lines at the boot time are not always complete.
>   I didn't have that problem in my old computer, and I don't have it when
>   I use XFCE.
>   With the window manager I see that the refresh rate is:
>
>     67.5KHZ 60Hz PP
>     1920x1080
>
>   but, when not using a window manager, the refresh rate is
>
>     31.3 KHz 70Hz NP
>     720x400
>
>   How can I change the settings?

	[Assuming you're using the "vt" console - don't know the answer
for "sc".]
	Not sure about the frequency, but to change the resolution put:

kern.vt.fb.default_mode="1920x1200"

	in /boot/loader.conf.local.
	(I just got a monitor that strongly prefers that resolution.  I
couldn't find anything on adjusting the frequency.)

			Respectfully,

				Robert Huff