Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2018 16:12:10 -0700
From:      "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Copying to a new computer

I am replacing an old machine with a newer machine and I want to be sure =
I can move the shell users to the new machine, especially since I am =
mostly going too be setting up the machine as new.

What are the minimal files that I need to copy over so that the users =
and groups from the old machine are on the new machine and without =
having to reset all the passwords?

(Most the users are in sql databases, so that's not an issue, but there =
are a few with shell accounts, those are the ones I'm concerned with.

I was intending to stick with v11.1 at this point.

--=20
We are born naked, wet and hungry; then it's all downhill.