Date:      Sun, 31 Dec 2000 23:25:52 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proposed modification to ftpd

While the syntax is ugly, I agree that it would be useful to have in
our ftpd.

In the little consulting I did, this was a huge, huge, huge requested
feature.

While we could invent yet another syntax, it would likely be better to
use a slightly ugly, widely deployed syntax that people are familiar
with than a less ugly one they would be more inclined to make a
mistake with and have a false sense of security.

Warner