Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2002 13:35:33 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Jim Arnold <jarnold@knightridder.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems saving 4.6.2 iso image

> Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 07:15:35 -0400
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> From: Jim Arnold <jarnold@knightridder.com>
> Subject: problems saving 4.6.2 iso image
>
> Cannot download this iso image to my home directory mounted on the
> the /home partition without getting this error message after around
> 27% being downloaded:
>
> "There is not enough room on the disk to save /tmp/du38hqnk.exe.
> Remove unnecessary files from the disk and try again, or try saving
> to a different location.
>
> I'm already saving to a partition that had 4.6 gigs available. Why is
> this .exe file trying to be saved to /tmp when downloading the 4.6.2
> iso image off of ftp12.freebsd.org?

    because you use a braindamaged software like mozilla. i thought
    iexplore was the only browser idiotic enough to try to stuff whole
    downloads into $TEMP before moving them to the specified location
    *without checking for free space first*.
    another iexplore is the last thing we need. someone should tell the
    mozilla authors.

> I am using the latest mozilla from the ports and using a 4.6 stable
> box to do the download.
>
> This is the 3rd or 4th attempt to download.

    if you used fetch(1) (/usr/bin/fetch) or wget(1)
    (/usr/ports/ftp/wget), you wouldn't have this problem.

--
FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE
1:30PM up 2 days, 19:23, 14 users, load averages: 0.02, 0.05, 0.03