Date:      Sat, 02 Sep 2000 02:02:34 +0200
From:      Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems with slice setup in Fujitsu disk

> If I try to use sysinstall to look at the slices, I get something
> similar. I tell it to use the whole disk for the first slice, but it
> shows that I have a slice ending at 26687807 and an unused space of
> 768 blocks. This matches the difference between 26688576 and
> 26687808.)
>
> Is this the cause of the errors and, if so, how can it be fixed? fdisk
> (in sysinstall) is adamant about leaving 768 blocks.

Try fdisk from the command prompt. You can specify CHS begin and end addresses,
which fdisk will actually use.

I had fdisk problems with some "automatic" corrections of cylinder boundaries,
which exactly were cylinder boundaries, but fdisk correction suggestions were
NOT. So I used those CHS values to enforce things. Worked then.

Ciao
Siegbert