Date:      Wed, 28 May 1997 10:25:40 -0400
From:      Craig Metz <cmetz@inner.net>
To:        netdev@roxanne.nuclecu.unam.mx
Cc:        ipv6-users@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Subject:   IPv6 header quick reference

	I just made available a small IPv6 header quick reference that we
made at NRL based on a figure that's been on our whiteboard for several years
(that we dare not erase because it's proven just too valuable when writing
code or debugging random problems). It contains a list in proper order of all
of the currently defined IPv6 optional headers and the common upper-layer
protocols, each with hexadecimal and decimal listings of their protocol/next
header value and their length. It also marks the border points for certain
levels of processing (e.g., what a router looks at, what an intermediate node
looks at). I hope that it will prove useful to others.

	The filename is "ipv6-headers-1.ps" and it's on the usual release plan.

									-Craig