Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 1995 14:57:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jan Isley <jan@bagend.atl.ga.us>
To:        mathezer@newera.ab.ca (Stephen Mathezer)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mounting extended dos partitions

Stephen Mathezer wrote:
> Subject: Mounting extended dos partitions
>
> I just upgraded to 2.0.5 and am having trouble mounting my extended dos
> partition.  I was able to do it on 2.0 by adding the number of sectors
> per track to the offset and then decreasing by this number the size of
> the partition.  I am however quite confused by the new naming in 2.0.5.

This is probably not the answer you were looking for.

INSTALLATION GUIDE FOR FreeBSD 2.0.5

This manual documents the process of installing FreeBSD on your
machine.  Please also see the Hardware Guide for hardware-specific
installation instructions (how to configure your hardware, what sorts
of things to watch out for, etc) before starting a new installation.

Table of Contents:

1.0     DOS User's Q&A section.
        1.1     How do I make space for FreeBSD?
        1.2     Can I use compressed DOS filesystems from FreeBSD?
        1.3     Can I use DOS extended partitions?
        1.4     Can I run DOS executables under FreeBSD?

1.3     Can I mount my DOS extended partitions?

This feature isn't in FreeBSD 2.0.5 but should be in 2.1.  We've laid
all the groundwork for making this happen, now we just need to do the
last 1% of the work involved.