Date:      Sat, 24 May 2003 16:45:25 +0930
From:      Malcolm Kay <malcolm.kay@internode.on.net>
To:        Brian Astill <bastill@adam.com.au>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printer compatibility

On Sat, 24 May 2003 10:49, Brian Astill wrote:
> There is/was a listing of printers compatible with FBSD?
> Danged if I can find it!  :-(
> Thanks.

Mostly what will work on any of the open unix like systems.
The problem is often just how to set it up. Many will need=20
ghostscript to translate from the normal postscript format
used for output by most unix applications. The GNU=20
ghostscript distribution with the stp device caters for high=20
performance (I believe) on a wider range of printers.

  http://www.linuxprinting.org/
is an excellent starting point.

Malcolm