Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 1995 19:02:44 -0600
From:      rich@id.slip.bcm.tmc.edu (Rich Murphey)
To:        sos@login.dknet.dk
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: ALT-F vt switching in X

:From: sos@login.dknet.dk (S|ren Schmidt)
:
:>
:> Is it broken? Switching the virtual desktop using ALT-F1-2-3 doesn't work
:> anymore. CTRL-ALT-F switching doesn't work either.

There is a bug in the numerical keypad handling with XFree86
3.1.1.  In some cases incorrect mapping can be seen if you
have ServerNumLock set in your XF86Config file.

First try removing ServerNumLock from XF86Config.  If that
fixes it but you still need to use ServerNumLock you can use
xmodmap to remap the keys.

:> Another XFree weirdness: When I cut something and want to paste it
:> with the middle mouse button and I move the mouse the cut text
:> is pasted repeatedly.

I've heard from one other person that removing ServerNumLock
from XF86Config fixed several problems.  It wasn't clear why
this might affect the middle button but you might try it.

Rich