Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2000 14:01:22 +0900
From:      Tetsuro Teddy FURUYA <ht5t-fry@asahi-net.or.jp>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: setting up BASH

Hi, all,

From: "James Johnson" <bonk1138@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 06:25:33 -0700

bonk1138> login
bonk1138> chsh -s /usr/local/bin/bash

When using chsh/chpass to install non-standard shells,
you've got to have that entry in /etc/shells.

See chsh(1),chpass(1);
|    When alter-
|     ing a login shell, and not the super-user, the user may not change from a
|     non-standard shell or to a non-standard shell.  Non-standard is defined
|     as a shell not found in /etc/shells.

Regards,

---
Tetsuro Teddy FURUYA <ht5t-fry@asahi-net.or.jp>
===
From: "Nicolau Werneck" <nwerneck@net.em.com.br>
Subject: setting up BASH
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 08:55:52 -0300

nwerneck> I'm trying to set up BASH as my shell, but i can't load it at the login.

nwerneck> PS: My line on the /etc/passwd file:
nwerneck> nwerneck:*:1138:1001:NLW 1138:/home/nike:/usr/local/bin/bash