Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2001 09:50:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        scanner@jurai.net, Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   old business (was Re: Intel driver doc's Take 2.)

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Dennis wrote:

> If the if_wx driver sucks, why not fix it rather than trying to coerce a
> mega-companies with a deep political structure to change is policies?
> But if youre not going to maintain it, dont do it at all. You cant stick it to
> users by deciding later that you dont want to support it anymore.

I am going to fix it (but this has been low on my priority list- you got the
bucks to pay for this, buddy, &and& make it more attractive then the other
things I'm currently getting paid to work on? money talks...), and I *also* am
trying to change Intel's policy.

> I complained for days and then fixed the fxp driver in about 4 hours. Maybe
> its time to do work and complain less.

Work is good. Complaints just are.

-matt