Date:      Wed, 08 Mar 1995 21:59:36 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        tsai@server.keck.lmu.edu
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Setup Mail Server(Hub)

>> You can do one of two things:
>> 1) Have all of the clients "masquerade" as the server.  This means that the
>> reply-to field of outgoing mail points to the server, and not the client
>> that sent it.
>> 2) Setup MX records for the clients pointing to the server.
>>
>> Both of these topics should be addressed in the sendmail docs.
>
>First, I don't have any docs that talk about semdmail.cf in detail.
>One of my book mention that uses OR option in sendmail.cf and put
>mailhost for the mail server in /etc/hosts to enable sendmail run in
>remote mode.  Also, the mail directory are shared by all clients.
>Could you please tell me if there is anything wrong in setup them
>this way?
>If it's possible, can you also tell me more about setup MX records or
>tell me where to get a good documentation about sendmail.

The best documentation is the O'reily book on Sendmail.  About MX records,
you should pick up a book on named and bind since MX records are handled
via DNS.  As far as how to configure sendmail, I just use the documentation
in the source tree.  Poke around the FreeBSD source tree (availible via
FTP from ftp.cdrom.com all layed out so you can easily browse it).  In the
cf directory of sendmail, there is a good readme that will talk about
masquerading and other features that might have changed since the book
you have on sendmail was published.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1