Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2000 10:11:32 +0000
From:      George Cox <gjvc@extremis.demon.co.uk>
To:        Jerry Lei <tylei@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: about cdrom

On 01/02 10:03, Jerry Lei wrote:

> Hi, I installed my FreeBSD3.3 by booting the kernel from IDE cdrom. I have
> two IDE cd-roms. Before installation, I took off one of them because FreeBSD
> couldn't boot on my machine with 2 cdroms. After I reboot BSD, I try to find
> my cdrom under /cdrom. But I can't find it. What could I do to get my cdrom
> back?  Thanks

1 - insert data CD into drive
2 - as root, type mount /cdrom
3 - cd /cdrom and enjoy
4 - before you can remove the CD, you must stop all processes using the
mounted filesystem (if you have a shell in /cdrom/whatever, do a cd /) and
type 'umount /cdrom'

Hope this helps

gjvc

--
[gjvc]                                                   Powered by SMP FreeBSD
"256 pennies is one hexadecimal dollar." -- D.E. Knuth   http://www.freebsd.org