Date:      Sat, 15 Jan 2005 22:18:21 -0600
From:      Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>
To:        Street Chaman <street_chaman@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware Programming

Street Chaman wrote:

> hi everyone,
>
> I need low level access to some hardware devices (kbd, sound, display)
> in an assembly soft; so I'd like to know were I can find all supported
> ioctl_syscall parameters for each device ?
> Furthermore, if someone knows good (more complete than
> developpers-handbook) bsd - assembly doc/sources, it would help me a lot.
>
> Thanks a lot

You want developer docs?, here you go:

The Design and Implementation of the FreeBSD Operating System
Authors: Marshall Kirk McKusick, George V. Neville-Neil
Hardcover: 720 pages
Publisher: Addison-Wesley (August 2, 2004)
ISBN: 0201702452

The Design and Implementation of the 4.4 BSD Operating System
Authors: Marshall Kirk McKusick, Keith Bostic, Michael J. Karels, John
S. Quarterman
Hardcover: 608 pages
Publisher: Addison-Wesley (April 30, 1996)
ISBN: 0201549794

also I'd scribe to this list: freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org