Date:      Tue, 01 Apr 1997 20:49:07 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        Developer <dev@fgate.flevel.co.uk>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP Desperate for help!

> At 01:42 PM 4/1/97 +0100, Developer wrote:

> connect to
> see
> >>
> >> Let me take a guess: maybe it's a known problem with tcp_extensions set to
> >> YES in /etc/sysconfig? Some broken TCP stacks don't like it, so the
> >> solution would be to turn it off.
> >>
> >> Andy
> >
> >We've tried this - no difference.  Any more ideas please?
>
> Why not post a trace of the ppp negotiations? Perhaps there is a parameter
> conflict....are you getting to state IPCP_OPENED? If not, you cant pass
> traffic.
>
> Dennis

I suspect you're way ahead of the problem.  Has the original poster
tried "set openmode active" ?  Without this, a client ppp will wait
for the server to initiate LCP.

I think it may be frugal to make this the default for both client
*and* server.  A lot of server implementations wait for the client
to start.  Any comments ?
--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>
      <http://www.awfulhak.demon.co.uk/>;