Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 2015 12:29:20 +0200
From:      Damien Fleuriot <ml@my.gd>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?R2Vycml0IEvDvGhu?= <gerrit.kuehn@aei.mpg.de>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NFS on 10G interface terribly slow

Gerrit,

Everyone's talking about the network performance and to some extent NFS
tuning.
I would argue that given your iperf results, the network itself is not at
fault.

In your first post I see no information regarding the local performance of
your disks, sans le NFS that is.

You may want to look into that first and ensure you get good read and write
results on the Solaris box, before trying to fix that which might not be at
fault.
Perhaps your NFS implementation is already giving you the maximum speed the
disks can achieve, or close enough.

You may also want to compare the results with another NFS client to the
Oracle server, say, god forbid, a *nux box for example.