Date:      Thu, 1 May 2003 19:41:39 +0400
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:    Re: `Hiding' libc symbols (was Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libc/gen ...)

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 11:34:57 -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> Wrong.  We need _ tricks for threads libraries to work properly and
> was the reason it was added in the first place.  BDE came up with
> the idea and it was reviewed by him.

Threads is completely another issue. We can do ANY tricks threads needs
when it is NOT affects normal linking (under "normal" I mean preventing
standard namespace replacement from outside of libc). If current
replacement way for threads not allows preventing, it should be changed
somehow to be truely libc internal, i.e. not explotable from outside of
libc/libc_r/other threads libs.