Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:57:07 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@geekpunk.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freebsd.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8" floppy drive anyone ?

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>I have a bunch of 8" floppies I need to try to recover contents
>from, is there anybody out there who has a 8" drive they'd be willing
>to part with for $$ ?

Got rid of anything this ancient years ago, but I'd suggest checking
with the local university to see if they keep surplus electronics
onhand.  I know that my employer here in the states. Vanderbilt
University, keeps a rather large warehouse of surplused electronics
equipment because it's illegal for them to dispose of it in landfills
and their waste disposal contractor would cancel their contract if they
did.  These types of facilities are a goldmine for finding old, obscure
equipment.  I've heard of numerous professors scrounging complete test
apparatus out of that warehouse.

Brandon D. Valentine
--
http://www.geekpunk.net                         bandix@geekpunk.net