Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2002 08:59:25 -0800
From:      "Tom Van Meter" <tomv@juniper.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Question on RSVP-Traffic Engineering

Hi,
	I'm thinking of using FreeBSD in a graduate class that will write an =
MPLS/RSVP-Traffic Engineering protocol stack.  I'm looking for a pointer =
to where the RSVP protocol hooks are described within FreeBSD. I looked =
over the documentation and it appears that rsvp interaction would be =
considered socket level programming.  When I searched for RSVP within =
the http man pages and at the global level, I didn't get any hits. The =
developer's guide and the handbook also didn't appear to have any RSVP =
references. =20

	I'm teaching the class next August, so I've got a little time to =
prep/modify the scope as necessary.  I was hoping that I would be able =
to take an existing RSVP implementation and have the students extend it =
to support RSVP-TE or (if I was really lucky) an existing RSVP-TE =
implementation would exist and I would gut various parts of the code and =
have the students write their own modules.

	Any pointers/thoughts are greatly appreciated.
TIA,
Tom