Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 17:50:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Hedges <hedges@ucsd.edu>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Alcatel DSL driver; CFS; mounting partitions

FreeBSD glamdring.iamvoting.net 4.5-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE #0: Mon Jan 28 14:31:56 GMT 2002     murray@builder.freebsdmall.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

Hi there.  I have three questions that I couldn't figure out.

1) I have an Alcatel SpeedTouch PC internal ADSL modem.
   Is there or will there be a driver available?  That would
   be great because it performs at T-1 speed on sbcglobal/PacBell.

2) The current published release of CFS on cryptography.org is
   1.4.0b2.  The version included in the FreeBSD installation
   says 1.4.0b2_1.  2a) Is this different?  2b) Is there a stable
   release version available that is not a beta test version?

3) I boot BSD from a 20 gig drive ad1 just fine, but I also have a
   60 gig Maxtor on ad0 with four partitions, 2 FAT32 and 2 FreeBSD.
   However, I can only mount_msdos /dev/ad0s1; I cannot get the
   second FAT32 partition to mount.  Also, I can mount the FreeBSD
   slices by hand, but I cannot successfully include them in fstab
   because it says the block counts are wrong and bombs.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

--mark--