Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 2010 08:27:50 +0100
From:      frank.schuster01@web.de
To:        =?iso-8859-15?Q?Michael_T=FCxen?= <Michael.Tuexen@lurchi.franken.de>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireshark, netperf and sctp problem

Hi Michael,

yeah, I see dropped packages.
But did you mean only that wireshark didn't capture all packages on ubuntu=
=3F
Or did you mean that the packages will be really dropped by the kernel=3F

Because I think it's the first one, can I display the dropped packages - i=
s there any configuration for wireshark=3F

Regards
Frank

> Hi Frank,
>=20
> you might want to send both wireshark trace to me and I would have a loo=
k.
>=20
> If it is a bulk transfer, maybe the Ubuntu machine did not capture all p=
ackets.
> The number of dropped packets is displayed when you stop capturing.
>=20
> Best regards
> Michael
>=20
> On Feb 18, 2010, at 3:35 PM, frank.schuster01@web.de wrote:
>=20
> > Hello,
> >=20
> > I have a problem with my little network test.
> > I want to test sctp between ubuntu and freebsd.
> > On ubuntu I wrote a iptables rule which delete every tenth (10) data p=
ackage. Freebsd has no firewall rules.
> > But only ubuntu sends data and freebsd only acknowledge this data (i d=
id the test with netperf).
> >=20
> > On the sending side (ubuntu) I see in wireshark 24 data packages, and =
on the receiving side (freebsd) I saw 82 packages.
> > But I can't explain, why freebsd receives more packages as delivered f=
rom ubuntu=3F (I have currently only one freebsd system).
> >=20
> > Any ideas or  something additional notes to help me=3F
> >=20
> > Is the problem by wireshark or the kernel implementation=3F
> >=20
> > Regards
> > Frank
=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F
NEU: Mit WEB.DE DSL =FCber 1000,- =BF sparen!
http://produkte.web.de/go/02/