Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 1996 00:35:25 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        robsch@robkaos.ruhr.de (Robert Schien)
Subject:   Re: turning on/off DAT compression

As Robert Schien wrote:

> Has anyone a script or short program to turn on/off the compression
> mode of a DAT drive? It seems that the 'mt' command doesn't support
> such a command yet.

I've once posted a /usr/share/misc/scsi_modes definition for the mode
page 0x10 (?) in this mailing list.  Using this, you should be able to
edit the compression field in the mode page.  Alas, none of the drives
avaible to me did really let me edit this field, so there are
certainly other problems around.

(I've trashed my archive of freebsd-scsi, so i cannot repost this
message now.  However, you should be able to dig it up in the mailing
list archive on freefall, or via the WWW server.)

Once we know that it works, adding it to the ioctl(MTIOCOP) and to
mt(1) is 5 minutes of work.

--
cheers, J"org