Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 17:44:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au, scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: a little bit more information on the jaz drive situation...

Bruce Evans writes:

> >> Oops.  Actually on since approx. 1996/03/02.

> >	Who's currently handling this?  As all things go I'm
> >probably a pretty green SCSI hacker, but if there isn't someone
> >working on it, I'll fix it.

> I hope that it will be handled by a vm person.  It has nothing to do
> with SCSI.  See PR 1087 for a temporary (wrong) fix.

	The suggestion you made about ffs_unmount() and
vn_close() halfway worked.  I reversed the order of the calls,
and the drives are now able to eject once they've been unmounted.
Unfortunately, however, something is still wrong because if you
try to reinsert the cartridge and mount it again, it ends up
complaining that the device is busy.  I'm guessing here, but does
this have something to do with some other counter not being
decremented properly so that the kernel thinks the device is
still being used?

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead