Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:34:10 GMT
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/124761: x11/electricsheep works incorrectly under xscreensaver on dual monitors

>Number:         124761
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       x11/electricsheep works incorrectly under xscreensaver on dual monitors
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
x11/electricsheep works incorrectly on multiple monitors setup on nvidia cards with the TwinView option set.

"When the computer goes idle, xscreensaver launches two separate instances of each screensaver, one on each monitor, each with a resolution of 1024x768. This works correctly on all other screensavers. However, when electricsheep is launched, xscreensaver correctly launches two instances, but both instances of electricsheep believe the screen resolution to be 2048x768. This results in only half of the video appearing."

(description taken from https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+source/electricsheep/+bug/83102, problem looks identically on FreeBSD)
>How-To-Repeat:
Get 2 monitors, get nvidia card and a X11 config with twinview. Launch electrichseep under xsceensaver to see 2 instances.
>Fix:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+source/electricsheep/+bug/83102 contains a URL of the patch - http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1640631&group_id=68853&atid=522601 , which is reported to work under Linux systems.

However, my C skills arent enough to produce a working ports version for FreeBSD.